Welcome to Baby Hearts Press!
Baby Hearts Press is an independent publishing company that has been providing books and resources for the congenital heart defect (CHD) community since 1997. Owner and founder, Anna Jaworski, is the mother of a young adult with the complex congenital heart defect known as hypoplastic left heart syndrome (HLHS). She is the author of two books, editor of two books, a contributor to a number of books as well as a public speaker and internet talk radio show host of Heart to Heart with Anna.
Book Proposal Submission Guidelines
Baby Hearts Press is a small publisher devoted to producing materials for the congenital heart defect (CHD) community. We accept only manuscripts that will benefit the CHD community. All material from other sources must be acknowledged and correctly cited. We welcome submissions, but we prefer that an author submit a proposal rather than a completed manuscript. The review process normally requires one to three months.
Guidelines for submitting a book proposal
- Please provide a tentative descriptive title.
- Tell us the subject matter, scope and intended purpose of your manuscript. Please send us the Introduction, Table of Contents, and chapter summaries. A completed sample chapter that shows us your writing style, organizational techniques, and documentation would also be helpful. If the book is for children, you may submit the entire manuscript.
- Please indicate whether the book will require photographs, illustrations, maps, appendix, index, etc. and if you will be providing these items or will need for Baby Hearts Press to contract with another agency to provide these items.
- When would you estimate the work will be completed? What length do you envision for it?
- What audience do you see for your work? What other books exist in this same subject area?
- Has any part of your book been published previously and if so, where?
- Do you have written permissions to use material that may be copyrighted (illustrations, lengthy quotations, or any quotations from fiction or poetry)?
- Please send us a resume and/or brief biography which helps us to understand who you are.
- Please indicate how you will submit your manuscript if it is accepted: as a Microsoft Word document, an Appleworks document or as a PDF.
Please address all correspondence to:
Baby Hearts Press
Anna Marie Jaworski
3910 Sierra Blanca
Temple, TX 76502-1662
Please be sure to enclose a self addressed envelope, stamped with sufficient postage, if you would like us to return the materials you send in.
- Meet Anna Jaworski
- Book Proposal Guidelines
- Exclusive Bookstores
- Heart to Heart with Anna Talk Show
- Donate Copies of our Books to a Hospital, Clinic, Library or Support Group!
- AHA Heart Heroes DVDs and Handouts
- CHD Posters
- Lapel Pins
- Favorite Links
- Baby Hearts Press Blog
- Contact Us
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow Anna on Twitter